Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: x2-02 SMS sending stuck

ZoltanE

x2-02 SMS sending stuck

For some reason SMS sending is stuck on the phone: the related icon is animating at the top of the screen and I can't send another SMS because one is already being sent.

After 30 minutes or so I turned off the device but after the reboot it continued where it left off.

Signal strength is max.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Try deleting the Stuck message ? Then see if you can send the new ones ...

Please use plain text.
ZoltanE

I deleted everything so the Inbox, Chat, Sent, Drafts, Other messages, Archives are all empty.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

..and what about the OUTBOX ?

Please use plain text.
ZoltanE

I hope I translated all the names properly, as it's a localized phone. (Maybe my "Drafts" is the real "Outbox"?)
Point is that I went through all the folders in the "Messages" menu and cleaned them out.

For now I fixed it by removing the battery and internal SIM, battery back, boot, turn off again, SIM back and start.

If it happens again then I'll note what I did beforehand.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Good that its sorted for now..

BTW 'Draft' folder will save messages that you have typed but not yet Sent.. (May be you want to add something before sending or want to send it at a later time.)..whereas 'Outbox' will contain those messages which you have sent but are still not actually sent due to Network or other issues... So, in your case the message which is STUCK should be in 'Outbox' and not in 'Draft' folder ...

Please use plain text.
ZoltanE

[ Edited ]

EDIT: Never mind...

Please use plain text.
ZoltanE

It's back again. :smileysad: Whenever I try to send a text it gets moved to the outbox and has the status of being sent.

Removing the battery and SIM cards makes it stop trying but whenever I attempt to send anything it's screwed again.

If I start the phone without giving a valid PIN for the sim in question then shut it down and start up again properly, the infinite sending also stops until next time.

Please use plain text.