Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How to disable GPRS connectivity in my Nokia X2

friguron

How to disable GPRS connectivity in my Nokia X2

Hi

I've recently bought a Nokia X2 phone. I've managed to disable "internet connectivity" via menús (I chose "ask always" option).

But anyway, whenever I press the "OVI Shop" icon, no matter what connectivty setting I set up, it still goes straightly into [G] and [E] modes, with no asking.

I WANT TO DESTROY ALL DATA PROFILES (internet, GPRS, 2G, 3G, ALL) from my mobile phone. Just bare calls/SMS.

Any hint? I'm lost after hours trying to find these settings with no luck.

My carrier is Movistar/Spain.

Greetings.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: How to disable GPRS connectivity in my Nokia X2

Check for Destinations under the Connectivity settings... Delete all the Access Points from there one by one...

Please use plain text.
friguron

No such option...

My (Spanish translated) connectivity menu consists of:

-Bluetooth

-Data Packets

-USB Data cable (ask when connecting)

If I go to "Data Packets", I have:

-Data Packets Connection (when neccesary)

-Data Packets Setup

Then, inside "Data Packets Setup", I have:

-Active Access Point (AccesPoint 1)

-Edit Active Access Point

Then inside "Active Acces point", I have 10 radio buttons, and NO delete option.

Currently, the selected one is AP1. No way to unselect. The radio button structure forces you to at least have one of them selected.

Edit active access point, seems quite useless, as you just "edit the ascii name of the AP".

There is no "delete" option, am I right?

Still furious...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Is your phone Network Locked ?

This is not for deleting the Access Points but try this and see if it solves the issue..Open the Inbuilt browser.. Goto Options..Settings..Here also under one of the options you should get Access Point... Set this to 'Ask when Needed'.. and now see if this stops directly connecting when you open the OVI Store..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

friguron wrote:

No such option...

My (Spanish translated) connectivity menu consists of:

-Bluetooth

-Data Packets

-USB Data cable (ask when connecting)

If I go to "Data Packets", I have:

-Data Packets Connection (when neccesary)

-Data Packets Setup

Then, inside "Data Packets Setup", I have:

-Active Access Point (AccesPoint 1)

-Edit Active Access Point

Then inside "Active Acces point", I have 10 radio buttons, and NO delete option.

Currently, the selected one is AP1. No way to unselect. The radio button structure forces you to at least have one of them selected.

Edit active access point, seems quite useless, as you just "edit the ascii name of the AP".

There is no "delete" option, am I right?

Still furious...

Did you try: menu-> settings-> configuration-> preffered accesspoint?

http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/x2-00/guides

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
friguron

Finally!

Hadimassa hit the nail...

Browsing the options he mentioned, in my phone there's only one preferred acces point (called 'Movistar' in my case). As it appears as a radio button, you wouldn't expect it might be erasable (like normal radio buttons, which are not erasable), but boy, THIS specific one IS erasable, under "options" left button. Once I deleted this 'Movistar' acces point, no more MMS, no more unwanted GPRS, no more **bleep**!

Big thanks!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zcbm

This is a really annoying feature in Nokia X2... When Ovi Store gets updates on its own and there is no way by which you can stop it!

And on top of that what really is annoying is that nobody from NOKIA official staff is responding to this issue!

Really Frustrated :angry:

Please use plain text.