Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Is the Nokia X6 the worst phone ever?

tanglimara

Is the Nokia X6 the worst phone ever?

Ok.

Where to begin. :smileymad:

Here's why i hate my Nokia X6.

-When it rains and just a few drops hit the screen, it goes mental. It freezes up, then it starts doing a  million things at once. I either have to wait ages for it to sort itself out or try and reset it when the buttons begin to work again.

-That f*cking "Invalid Server Name" error. It randomly pops up when i try and go online. What do the Nokia people say? "Oh,must be something wrong with it. Never heard of that before. Not our fault."

-The phone shuts off when making a call..randomly.  Very helpful, Nokia. Now my phone is completely useless at times. Again, its a case of "It ain't our problem!"

And then theres the low battery life... the occasional lack of warning that your battery is getting low and all of a sudden it just tells you its out of juice...the phone itself is way too slippery...etc bloody etc..

In fact, i got so sick of these problems and threw my phone against the wall so many times, i have broken the power button and the only way of turn it on and off is to touch the inside bit with a pen. :smileyhappy:

Nokia: Connecting People? Not people. My wall.

Nokia just can't keep up with the Big Boys like IPhone,Samsung, HTC And Blackberry these days. For a simple handset,you can't go wrong but for anything more and you'll get a **bleep** device that soons becomes a nice doorstop.

Shame.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
zokonja

I don't like my x6 either but I don't have such big problems like you :-)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hkansal

Nokia: Disconnecting people :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
hatikva

[ Edited ]

Nokia X6  Freeze all the time!!

Moderator's Note:  We would like to inform you that we have edited your post. Please refrain from using inappropriate words  for us to maintain a friendly environment on this public forum.

Please use plain text.
Sage
chandana99

hi  nokia

• people have their freedom to write in chorums/discussions.
  • but they should know their limits.
  • please take necessary action for screening the users who publish inappropriate comments.
  • of course there may be problems in u r device, due to several issues but it's not only Nokia, may be worse with some other make, since nokia has popular "Discussions" it is always higlighted.
  • so Nokia u should seriously think about screening in this discussions.

long live Nokia.

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Temitope

I love my x6 the user interface is superb initially I had the problem of device rising temperature and realize i was over tasking my device considering the capacity of the ram so i had do away end with some stop application and monitor the ram usage since then I've falling in love with ma device. Remember your phone is not a personal computer with a larger ram size please thread softly thank you
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Temitope

Most difficulties we encounter are human error sometime we need to understand our device or better still seek advice from expert on certain issue before we register a complain thank you all.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Temitope

Most difficulties we encounter are human error sometime we need to understand our device or better still seek advice from expert on certain issue before we register a complain thank you all
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Ray1

i dont like my x6 very much.

but i dont have such serious technical problem like yours.

i mainly have the deffered message problem. where message get deffered when sending mms, and phone will no longer have alert when receiving future sms. i will need to restart it whenever it happens.

the lack of ram is a big downer. 

sony ericsson vivaz and satio has faster cpu and twice the ram. 

its really sad to keep seeing "memory full" and the whole phone slows to a snail speed while it try to stabilize back.

happen frequently while using opera browser. 

Its not all bad though, its a phone that has all the useful feature, but the quality is just bad.

it may be cool 2 or 3 years ago, but at this era where android and apple dominates,

the symbian OS just looks obsolete. its like using window 95 in the year 2011, where ever1 else using window 7.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Themovatics

I don't agree with you.  But you get what you pay for. I bought my X6-06 for €200. My specific purposes were.

Calls  Not much to say about these.

SMS The QUERTY keyboard helps a lot.

Photos The 5 Megapixel camera is excellent for the type of pictures I make.

GPS I have to say that I'm more than satisfied with the GPS.

- It is pretty sensisitive, it doesn't loose contacts with the satelites when in my home. - When flying to another country, it needs some time to connect but acceptable.

- The battery time is as many hours as my stand-alone GPS in minutes.

- The outstanding feaure is the maps. All Europe, without any cost.

- The off-line POI could be a little better though. A good idea of Nokia could be to    supply the maps & basic POIs free and then sell a very good POI app. I'm of

the opinion to have an good application you have to be prepared to pay for it.

- In all, the updated  maps, the battery time and the fact that it is always there means

that it wins over my stand-alone GPS.

Internet The screen is somewhat too small to enjoy web browsing but I took that into account.

I use it it very much as WiFi checker. If I found I suitable connection I fire up my laptop.

I have no experience of using it as multimedia platform but that was not why I bought it.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sanketdeshpande

[ Edited ]

you know I really hate the phone too.For the price we pay for it ,one should get atleast multitouch,a bigger ram.Nokia should look at others such as samsung which offers far better package at around same prize.

I want everyone to look at the thread i started,I have a problem regarding my touchscreen,pls help me and suggest something

Please use plain text.
BmthBlue

Having had Nokia phones from the very start of my mobile phone usage (15 years), i bought an X6  and i have to say that it's the worst phone i've ever had.

I have virtually given up on trying to use the internet as it takes ages to load  and connect.

God forbid that you want to watch a video on you tube. Last time i tried, it took 15 minutes for me to watch about 3 seconds worth of video. 

When sending multiple texts to the same person, you have to look them up each time you want to send a text. Same goes for calling. 

Why is it that when i'm searching for a name that begins with 'A' i get every name with an 'A' in it? 

Now, there may be ways round this but i've not found it?  If there is someone from nokia that can help, i'd appreciate it. 

Try as i might, i've looked everywhere on the nokia main site to find where i can e mail nokia direct, but there doesn't appear to be an e mail address to mail them direct.

All in all, the experience i've had with this phone has turned me off of using nokia phones in the future. Unfortunately, i'll have to keep this phone for a while yet because of the price i had to pay for it. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

BmthBlue wrote:

When sending multiple texts to the same person, you have to look them up each time you want to send a text. Same goes for calling. 

?? If I go to Contacts, find a contact and tap the 'call' icon, finish the call, then open Contacts again it comes up with the contact I just called already selected. If you know you want to send more than one text to the same person, go via Contacts and tap the message icon and when you've sent the message, there you are back in Contacts with the same contact selected.

Why is it that when i'm searching for a name that begins with 'A' i get every name with an 'A' in it? 

This is exactly how my N79 worked. What were all these other Nokia phones you've had?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
zokonja

@BmthBlue
Looks that something is wrong with your device or setup, although personally I don't like this X6, I didn't had problems with connection speed and youtube.
For browsing I recomend Opera mini (use less RAM than normal opera).
SPB Shell is very good SW which significantly increase UI usability, for instance contact search is made 10 times better than original one (T9 search like on android).
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

I'd give the title worst Nokia phone ever to n97....^_^...

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
PinnedBottom23

I wont buy Nokia anymore, my next target is HTC Desire HD, Samsung Omnia 7 (problably this one, because of its hardware (Scorpion CPU of 1GHz, 4Gb of SDRAM, 8GB of internal memory and Windows 7  mobile running on it, thats owesome piece of engineering), Samsung Galaxy S (because it has Bluetooth 3.0, but still don't know which is more compatible with good looking games.), maybe Motorola DEFY, because it is resistant to water, but prefer Astrix more, because it is more powerfull, iPhone 4 is out of the list, too expensive and isn't worth that money... Blackberry is too old, it has no new technologies its basic advantage was qwerty keyboard, for some people it still is (Yes I admit that qwerty phones are faster then touchscreen, but they, they are with slow processors, new ones have faster processors, so there are ore spare rescourses left for other processes on the phone, then processing coordinates of touch.) and Nokia N8 I am still afraid to risk it, it has lot of stuff, but is symbian really capable to support everything with performance no being at risk? Ar games running on it smoothly. I doublt that OpenGL 2.0 is great.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Actually, Nokia and Windows made a partnership, starting next year, Nokia will be rolling out phones with Windows Phone 7 OS, and the minimun requirements for a Win7phone is the ones you mentioned for Omnia7. Symbian OS, the one that is being problematic on X6, will be dead by 3 years.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
AshokX6

Re: Is the Nokia X6 the worst phone ever? - definitely

[ Edited ]

Tanglimara,

Definitely it's the worst phone ever. For this piece of junk, I had paid Rs. 15700/- (€260) sometime in March 2011. At this price, I had several better options in Sony and Samsung but since I had been a loyal NOkia customer, went for X6 16GB.

Ever since I bought it I have been facing the following issues:

1) Very slow processor, very low RAM. Always runs out of memory

2) GPS doesn't work in other countries as promised-  I belong to India and I had a tough time in the UK where it kept on looking for signal but didn't find any! I had UK map downloaded before my trip..

3) Bluetooth is an issue - it always says unable to connect Bluetooth. My headset BH505 is lying idle in my bag for its of no use

4) It restarts whenever  it likes or whenever it runs out of memory

5) Freezes whenever it likes

6) Nokia Ovi store is **bleep** - very limited applications and on the whole, nowhere comparable to what android or apple app store has in place

It's not that I am posting this out of sheer frustration. I have done all that I can to get it fixed.

What I like is:

- 5 mp camera, easy to send MMS feature

- Very good sound quality , can be a bit louder though

- Good touch screen capability (but if you tap to the corners, its still an issue)

- Design is sleek and very modern

- GPS is very accurate locally i.e. in India

Having said this, I don't think Nokia people has any solution so I am getting rid of my phone shortly and planning to buy iPhone or Samsung Galaxy Note 2. I would not be wrong if Nokia sees a future like Kodak. Customers can't be fooled or long.

Good luck to other X6 users.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
zokonja

For some time I had oppinion that x6 is worst phone ever, but than I get Xperia J. Now that is definently worst phone that my fingers ever touched. So many design failures in one device is hard to beat, so lucky that I manage to sell it 1 month ago when I could get some price on it, now I have sgs3 mini which is miles away from xperia J. On the other hand I still have X6 as a second phone and now I don't think any more that is it so bad phone. For instance camera on X6 in some situations is still better than on sgs3 mini which have problem with white balance in some scenes while Nokia handle much better problematic scenes. And I still did not found navigation on andrid which can be matched with nokia maps. My oppinion is that nokia x6 is mostly ruined by fail politics of incoporating  to low RAM which generate most other problems. Same s*upid decisions were performed also with Lumia 610, and I don't understand why? Some dangeours suicide mentality is present inside some of the Nokia managers.

Please use plain text.