Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Missing Nokia apps after upgradeon X3-02

MikeYapOVI
Accepted Solution

Missing Nokia apps after upgradeon X3-02

hello,

Had bought a X3-02 2 weeks ago. Did a firmware upgrade yesterday to V05.32. After the upgrade, found that the OVI and all other pre-installed NOKIA apps are missing (facebook, twitter, IM...). Could not figure out how to recover them after searching Nokia webs. Can anyone help me ? Thanks in advance.

MikeYapOVI

Please use plain text.
Professor
pudu

Re: Missing Nokia apps after upgradeon X3-02

if thos apps are not available in ovi store, you can go to their mobile site(m.google.com, same for facebook or twitter etc) and download them to your handset
Please use plain text.
Professor

sounds like some sort of error happened when you upgraded the SW if you loose the Nokia apps as you said. Perhaps it would be worth visiting local nokia care point if they coudl restore them.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

This is not something serious that a a visit to Nokia Care is required. You can download the applications from the respective sites...

What i have learned from this forum that the 'downloaded from individual site' applications run better than the one provided by Nokia or from the OVI store...

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
MikeYapOVI

[ Edited ]

Hi,
First of all, thanks for the advice. But some of the apps came installed with the phone when I bought them and I could not find them in the OVI store.

.....Just did a "reinstall" on V05.32 on my X3, and guess what, everything came back. Think the last upgrade, though successful, did not install completely.

Thanks to all for your advice.:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
alimakki

I am so glad that ur problem is solved, because I have the same problem here, so I have one question, how I reinstall the older version of the software"V05.32"?!!!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Hendruk

I have the exact same problem on my NOKIA X3-02. I updated it and since that moment some things changed. The email-shortcut is gone. Also the facebook, twitter,... logo's aren't available anymore. I lost all my themes and ringtones but that's not a problem.

Can someone help with restoring the email-shortcut and bookmarklogo's?

Thanks a lot!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

try reinstall the software again

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
frombelgium

I have the same problem: I lost all the standard ringtones and themes... Does anybody know how we can get them back? 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

try reinstall software or a factory reset type in *#7780# security code is 12345

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
frombelgium

[ Edited ]

I already tried the factory settings. I still have my update without ringtones and others... 

How can I reinstall the software? 

BTW: now, I can't even syncronize my contacts... It says that it's not working, that I need to restart everything and try again. I tried everything they said but still mistake 8393f00b

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
asadziya

Re: Missing Nokia apps after upgraded X3-02

Hey dear,

I did update the software version of Nokia X3-02 after update all applications are missing & I can't reinstall them even I can't connect to the internet , can anybody explain what I can do, how can I reinstall the old version of software,

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dradel

Possibly try connecting the phone to a PC and reinstall the latest firmware again using OVI suite.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
frombelgium

OK, I reinstalled it and everything was back to normal. Thx Guys!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lokeshw17

Re: Missing Nokia apps after upgrading X3-02

nokia ovi store not working after updated my nokia x3-02 to v07.16 version and applications like nimbuzz,facebook messager are not installing in my phone. Can you plz help me.   

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Pfrancoise

Re: Missing Nokia apps after upgrading X3-02

Hi lokeshw17,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Nokia forum.

We are really sorry for this inconvenience.

In order to fix this issue, I would advise you to update again your phone via Nokia suite.

If the problem persists, I would suggest you to perform a hard reset. First of all, back up your data using Nokia Suite (Tools > Back up). Once your data is fully backed up,  type *#7370# on the keypad.  Default lock code is 12345.

The hard reset will dellete all your personal information, that's why a back up is very important.

If none of these solutions solves your issue.  I would advise you to visit your local Nokia care point to get the phone checked.  If it needs repair, it could be done there.

Let us know how you get on and feel free to post any other questions you may have.

Regards,
Pfrancoise

If this post has helped you to solve this issue, please press the "accept as solution" icon. Kudos would always be appreciated.
Please use plain text.