Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

NOKIA X3-02 SERIOUS PROBLEM

Registered Member

NOKIA X3-02 SERIOUS PROBLEM

I've checked out on the net, so many users have problem with the new X3-02, and I being one of them. 3 days after buying the phone, my set started to show problem like:

1.  Application just hang up without apparent reason

2.  The handset just automatically switch off. (so annoying during conversation)

3.  The handset cannot be switched on, it just goes on blinking

4.  The battery got drained very fast even if on standy mode

I've sent my handphone back, of course I dont think there will be any replacement since the power that be decided to repair the set, so after a week I am still waiting for any news. So anybody got the same problem here?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
emma0701

Re: NOKIA X3-02 SERIOUS PROBLEM

Hello

the exact same thing has happened with my new Nokia X3-02.  on the first day i had it it turned itself off a couple of times.  Since then it has gotten worse and right now i havent been able to turn it on for 2 days as all the screen does is flashes. i am going to try and send it to a repair centre this weekend and see what happens. not impressed at all because despite all the faults its a really good phone!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lamke999

Guys, there is been a major problems about this phone, since it's the first S40 to use the touch screen.And you may have problems such as:

-It restarts suddenly by itself

-It off by itself for hours even for days (mostly during calls)

And hopefully Nokia will find a solution to fix this major problems

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lamke999

I regret buying this phone, it's a waste of money, 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
flay

Just got the x3-02 a week after it was launched. Got the same problem as all of you. It is REALLY a WASTE of $$$$ for such a so called GREAT mobile by NOKIA. Sent to the service center, got it back, and got to used it only for an hour, and..it went ***bleep*** blank again! tried to switch it on again, still dead. Boo Nokia X3-02. Boo.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Englishman

Same thing happened to my wifes X3-02 that I just bought her after 1 day!

Obviously a serious issue and have emailed Nokia support to find an answer.

My wife has never had an issue with Nokia's before this one. If its not sorted by Nokia we will trash the phone and never use Nokia again. Its inexcusable that they released a faulty design to the public.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lamke999

Good News

I bought this phone exactly 1 month ago, and for the past 1 week, the phone goes back to normal and it goes very fast without lagging, the first two week was terrifying, i goes blank same as the all of you

But what i do is take a good care at the phone and use it like always and hopefully your phone goes back to normal :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
adrian_s1

Mine has the same problem. I'll never buy a Nokia again.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
qw12

same here.. repaired once, used for a few minutes, then no power again... phone's back at their service center

WILL NEVER BUY NOKIA PRODUCTS AGAIN!!!!!

Please use plain text.
mdsrzak

I purchased X3-02 almost a month back. When i connected it to nokia ovi suit through my laptop, it showed the software needed an update. After I successfully updated the software, all of my contacts were gone (even though i had successfully backed it up) but that was not much of an issue. But i was shocked 2 days later when my phone did not turn on after i restored factory settings, YYYYYYYYYY???????

It is still lying dead with me, i dont want the set to be opened... as its almost new. Can anyone help me plzzzzzzz

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

The only things you can try is Remove the battery for about 30 secs.. Insert and switch ON the phone.. If that does not help.. Connect the charger and try switching ON after about 15 minutes (keeping the charger connected..).

.. If both these fail then no other go but to show the phone at Nokia care..as another solution(... of a Hard Reset ) in such a scenario can not be performed on this phone as its an S40..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lawyer12345

Nokia has serious quality problem....the first day i bring back my phone the second day its giving problem...sent for warranty repair all they do is 'master reset' my phone and have to wait for 2 weeks. Then the first day got back my phone the second day having problem and sent back to service center until now one month later i didn't really manage to really use it.....

Problems are =

1. Phone is dead by itself during standby or even in th midst of using it

2. Phone sometimes cannot turn-on after shut down

3. Phone giving blinking white screen sometimes when you try to turn-on

Not only the phone got serious problem but their service centers do not really know how to fix things, their best skill is to .'master reset' and blame their customer for infecting virus or misuse of phone....Nokia is a bad name....very bad.....

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I also had the same problem with this phone. 2 days after i got this phone, the battery cannnot be fully charged, brought it to the service center, the guy ask me to leave the phone there for a check, i said if it's just a faulty battery, why can't you just replaced it. Eventually he did replace it with a new battery. Came back and charge, still cannot be fully charged. Brought it down to service and end up waiting more than a month before I got it back. 2 months down the road, the screen just went white on & off. Today, nothing appears on the screen anymore. It's mere frustration having to replace an old phone and ending up more issues with a brand new phone. It's very bad customer service if they know the phone is giving so much problem and they are not replacing the phone!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vargazin_08

I had my vacation in Philippines and my stop-over in Hongkong when returning back to Bahrain which I presently working at . I bought X3-02 in Hongkong Airport yesterday. Having a limited time/stay in hongkong and having a full trust from nokia since Ive been using this brand from the start, that nothing will happen wrong - I didnt check the phone if it is working or not.

To my surprise, my NEW NOKIA X3-02 is not working and its not turning on. full charge for 6 hours now and still not working.  Taking in and out of the battery and trying to turn on the phone is just giving me and white blank screen after that it leaves the screen blank. You can only feel that its on because of the vibration when you touch the screen and there's nothing you can do but to just turn it off again.

I dont know now what I will gonna do since I'm here in Bahrain and I bought the phone in Hongkong and there's no way I can go back there just to give back the phone to them. Thanks in advance and hope you can revert to me as soon as you can. Thank you.

So please, can anyone tell me what I shall do now..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kiranskr2002

i got the same problem phone turns on you can feel the vibration but there is no screen display does anyone have a soloutuion to this ?

Please use plain text.
jao_ota

just the same problem with my nokia E5 goes off after two days i bought it is dead now, i spend alot money in flashing. jao-ota
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Got my X3 02 on Wendesday last week, it was fine to start with but over the weekend has started exhibiting all the issues already reported here. For me it seems to only happen when I am using the SMS to compose texts and then only when I try to insert a symbol. I've tried the battery re-seating it did seem to cure it but it started going wrong again today.

I'm hoping I can get a full refund from the seller as I purchased mine as an unlocked handset.

Not good and seems to back up the reputation Nokia now have for making poor quality phones, shame really it's a great phone and I was very pleased with it. 

Will have ot consider another make after I get refunded.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zohrz

what the hell! your solution doesn't make sense at all !

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zohrz

i stupidly bought my nokia x3 from singapore because i had full trust in nokia as i've had different and good solid ones for the past 10 years. no matter what u physically do with a nokia, it generally remains intact and functional ! however this x3 simply cut my conversation short, kept turning off then flashing, now it's been off for the past 3 months because nokia won't do anything about (no international warrenty coverage, they can kiss my  a** - why are they even an international company????????/) . from other people's posts, i am realising there is no point in getting it privately repaired either because it will be a waste of time and money, and i will be hopeful for no reason.

nokia has totally let me down and now i can't go back to their products; like any DECENT retail service, they ought to have made a global product RECALL on this stupid technological disaster that merely LOOKS good. I think i'll pass it on to my 2 yr old nephew to play with. hopefully he'll dump it in the toilet.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
davidko

hello.
Reading all these problems, i think nokia home agency should resolve this problems so that people can use their phone.
Well when it would be resolved, ill buy it..
Thanks
Please use plain text.