Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: NOKIA X3-02: Touch screen not working

mukeshsha

NOKIA X3-02: Touch screen not working

Hello,

I bought my Nokia X3-02 in 2011. It worked well for 11 months and in the 12th month, its touchscreen stopped working. It was under warranty so I went to Nokia service centre and they changed the Touch screen Digitizer.

It worked well for few days and meanwhile its warranty expired. Now it has the same problem and the touch screen doesn't work at all. So, I put the phone back to the phone and started using my other phone.

after 2-3 days, I thought that I should take the phone to the service centre, so removed the batter and inserted the SIM card. I started the phone and touch screen was working fine. I thought, I am lucky as the touch screen is working now. But after few hours probably 3-4, the touch screen stopped working again. Quite weird behaviour.

So, if i put the phone to off for around 1 day and starts using it again then the touch works and after few hours it stops working again. I don't get what could be wrong.

I went to service centre again and they said, they would firstly change the touch screen ( price INR 1500) and after that they could comment on the phone's behaviour.

So I am not sure what should I do? I feel that problem is somewhere else than the touch screen.

Can any of you suggest on this? Thanks in Advance.

Kind Regards,
Mukesh Sharma

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Pfrancoise

Hi mukeshsha,

Welcome to the Forum.

Could you check if your phone is up to date?  Enter *#0000# on your keypad and compare your current version with the latest update.  If it needs to be updated, download Nokia suite and connect your phone to your computer to update it.

Pfrancoise.

If this post has helped you to solve this issue, please press the "accept as solution" icon. Kudos would always be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
mukeshsha

Hi Pfrancoise,

Thank you very much for the reply!

Sorry for being late, as i didn't get any notification for the reply to my post. I will now do the configurations so that i get an update on the same.

I have installed the latest update to my mobile by using the Nokia Suite, but the problem is still same.

I went to the service center for the same and they said, first they will replace the touch screen and then they can identify whether the problem is with the touch or some other fault on the board.

So, i feel really worried about my action point because i already got the touch panel replaced once and the problem appeared after 3 weeks.

Kindly reply with your suggestions.

Kind Regards,

Mukesh Sharma

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Arzg

Hi,

Your are decriping my problem exactly :smileysad:

I'm using my old phone now

bye

Please use plain text.
aravindg93

Friends i have been using this phone since may 2011. It has gone through many software updates. I encounterd with the touch problem in june 2013. I could not unlock the phone. If i left it in switched off state for 5-6 hrs and then switch it on it would work but only for a couple of hrs. After few days the touch has gone. I changed the touch in nokia care centre a month back and again i'm suffering with the same problem for the last 5 days. It has the latest versoin of the software installed on it. Please help me out..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Raj1107

I am also facing same problem, I am worried that again I have to spend money.

:smileysad:

While surfing I have got the below information, not sure whether it will work.

Please use plain text.