Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: NOKIA X7 gorilla glass got SCRATCHED ! and dus...

andrewyeap21

NOKIA X7 gorilla glass got SCRATCHED ! and dust collected inside the screen ! NOKIA pls explain !

PLS tell me what can I do with my phone. used for barely 2 months and this ! How disappointing ! and i never dropped it at all ! in my pocket most of the time but the screen has got 4 scratches ! and there is like a pile of dust collected on the right side of the screen ! Asked Nokia Care Centre in Malaysia and they want to charge me RM50 just to clean the screen ! This is ridiculous ! 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
karans

Re: NOKIA X7 gorilla glass got SCRATCHED ! and dust collected inside the screen ! NOKIA pls explain

May be if you have a screen guard only the guard must have got scratches trying removing screen guard and getting a new guard , if not a guard then i dont know , i use a X7 from 6months didnt got any scratches

but yeah once gave it to nokia store for some promblem and gave me dust back

my left side at bottom has some dust but i never went to them again for cleaning will go to them soon and i dont think they should charge for cleaning as we get 1 year service warrenty

Please use plain text.
andrewyeap21

Re: NOKIA X7 gorilla glass got SCRATCHED ! and dust collected inside the screen ! NOKIA pls explain

when u say screen guard are u referring to the screen protector ? because i removed the screen protector relying on the fact that is gorilla glass corning. funny part is i never dropped my phone 'yet' and its always in my pocket realising later on there were scratches on my screen.                     As for the dust in the screen u mean u take it to the service centre once in awhile just for cleaning ? :/ thats such a hassle just for a phone upkeep dont u feel ? i brought mine in europe and im in malaysia so the warranty does not exist here. I have to pay like 16.22 USD (RM50.00) just to for clean up service ! ARGhh the agony !! 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
karans

I live in india bought phone here only my phone got some scratches and it was same case like you never dropped only in pocket then i realized that it was bcoz of keys the keys we sometimes keep in pockets rub to the screen and make scratches but then i changed the screen protector and phone was ok, no scratches on phone and about dust my phone got hanged thats why gave it at service center and while returning they gave me some dust too after that i really never went to care centre but will go soon as i want to clean up and i really dont know if they charge me for clean up , i m going complain to head office bocz it was not my fault they gave me dust it was not my fault , i m not paying anything for removing dust it still in warrenty so no service charges should be applied.
Please use plain text.
andrewyeap21

[ Edited ]

i see.. yeah same here.. I definitely thought the culprit was my car key lol ! but i never expected it to get scratched so easily in fact gorilla glass are so suppose to be scratch resistence.. i have a samsung galaxy s2 which has gorilla glass too.. never had a single scratch together with my nokia x7 in my pocket.. funny how my S2 is out with me more often than my X7 and I've been using my S2 for more than 6 months.. Nokia has issues with their products :/ my previous phone was a nokia N86 which also had the same dust problem ! 

Oh btw ! u can try cleaning your phone yourself once in awhile.. here's a video to guide u !  

Moderators notes: Link to self repair video removed. Taken directly from forum guidelines

"Posting harmful or inaccurate information: Don’t post information, URLs, or links to websites or servers that contain software viruses or any other computer code, files or instructions that are designed to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software or hardware or that may void the warranty of a Nokia product."

Please use plain text.
Advisor
karans

can you send me the video in private msg , pls
Please use plain text.