Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia X2 - How to disable media buttons?

Registered Member
footswitch

Nokia X2 - How to disable media buttons?

Hello there,

Is there any way of disabling the media buttons on the side? (play/pause, previous, next)

Or to set them to operate only with long press.

Or to set them to trigger something rather harmeless.

My father doesn't use them that much.

Besides, he finds himself pressing them too easily and oops there it goes the radio blasting through the loudspeaker.

This doesn't seem to be covered in the manual.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Best regards,

footswitch

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

As far as I know, the media shortcuts cannot be changed. The X2 is an xpressmusic device, and was designed primarily as a music playing phone, featuring these buttons as one touch access to the music player. These are sort of a feature set of most xpressmusic phones and thus cannot be changed.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bud4life

I have the exact same problem...

the X-press buttons are badly placed & activated every time i touch my phone...

NOKIA could have atleast added a "DEACTIVATE" function in the software.

BUT -  on the bright side >>  i have a solution  ((well, kinda))

press the  "PLAY"  button & when the radio turns on, press the  "Volume Down"  button on the other side of the phone until it's at a minimum...

now turn off the radio again by pressing the  "PLAY"  button again.

** in future when Your dad accidently activates the radio, atleast the volume is minimal (or muted)

I Hope You get this reply before Your dad gets tempted to throw the phone against a wall.

(('coz thàt's what i felt like doing before i figured'out this tip)) 

*** GooD Luck !!!  :smileywink:

& NOKIA, wake up !!! :cursing:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tooson

Hi. Does this alter the volume when taking a call as well as the Radio?
I'm really frustrated by the radio coming on even when it's in my pocket & untouched. Crazy no de-activate
Please use plain text.