Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia X6 Stuck on the NOKIA startup logo after fli...

x6king

Nokia X6 Stuck on the NOKIA startup logo after flight

Dear all,

I just purchased a Nokia X6 5 days ago. I finished updating the software and installed some applications which I downloaded in OVI store.

2 days ago I travelled by plane from one country to another. My phone was working fine before take-off. I switch the phone off as needed before take off and did not turn it on untill our plane landed on it's destination. After landing and getting the confirmation that we can turn on our cellphone again, I was surprised that my phone get stucked on the NOKIA welcome logo.

I waited for 5 mins, still the same thing. I cannot turn it off using the power push button so I have to remove the battery. I tried again, still the same Nokia welcome screen. The handshake image was not even shown. Tried removing my sim, tried using another sim, tried with no sim, tried recharging the battery again, tried restarting over and over, but still for the last 2 days I'm stuck to the Nokia welcome screen  everytime I turn on my unit. I tried waiting for it to load while being stuck on the same page, waited for 30mins to 1 hour, still same page, no change and the strange part is that the battery side is getting hotter than usual.

Now for the last 2 days, i cannot use my phone. I would like to ask if any of you guys have experienced this kind of problem and if you can provide me a solution or alternative steps that I can try to fix my phone.

Any help or response is highly appreciated.

x6king

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
coolbelief

Re: Nokia X6 Stuck on the NOKIA startup logo after flight

This you perform as a last resort. Nothing else is working. If the phone is not showing any activity, proceed with hard formatting , turn off your phone, hold the following buttons while pressing the power button
/Green/Red/Camera keys pressed all at once on power up.
Previous Phones: 6600, 7610, 6230, 6230i, 1100, 1112, N70, N73, N95, N95 8GB, 5800XM, 5230, C5, iPhone 3GS, SE Xperia X10, N900, N8, SE Xperia Arc

Current Phones: Nokia N9, iPhone 4
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
coolbelief

Re: Nokia X6 Stuck on the NOKIA startup logo after flight

REMEMBER. it'll wipe your phone's memory (C).
Previous Phones: 6600, 7610, 6230, 6230i, 1100, 1112, N70, N73, N95, N95 8GB, 5800XM, 5230, C5, iPhone 3GS, SE Xperia X10, N900, N8, SE Xperia Arc

Current Phones: Nokia N9, iPhone 4
Please use plain text.