Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia X6 mass memory lost all sms

Gabau

Nokia X6 mass memory lost all sms

My nokia X6 has lost all sms stored into mass memory including the sms folders. I am looking for any way to recover them. Thanks

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Puigchild

Re: Nokia X6 mass memory lost all sms

Hi Gabau,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums!

You did not mention how you lost the data, but if you performed a factory reset the whole mass memory has unfortunately been wiped clean and your data cannot be recovered with normal means.

If this is the case, you can try to recover your data only by getting a file recovery software, connect your phone to your PC in mass memory mode and attempt to access your data using the application. It's not advisable to use the mass memory before doing this as it will increase your chances of getting all your files back.

Let us know if this helps or if you have any additional questions,

Puigchild

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Gabau

I was trying to do the following settings: Email; settings; other; memory (I chose mass memory; was on phone memory because I did transfer some pictures to the computer) then the phone was asking something like: "save messages to phone" and I turned off and on the phone, then no more folders and sms. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Puigchild

[ Edited ]

I understood that you turned off your phone before answering to the "do you want to save the messages" prompt. So it may be that even though the files were not moved, the setting has been changed.

Check if the memory has indeed been set to point to mass memory. If it is, do not change it, as it may copy your empty messaging folders from the mass memory overwriting what you have left on the phone memory. Factory reset your phone settings instead, as if it should also reset the message location setting and point it back to the phone memory. 

To reset your phone settings, dial *#7780# followed by the security code 12345 (unless you have changed it) and see if the messages are back.

Let us know if this helps,

Puigchild

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Gabau

Unfortunately it is not working. The lost sms are not back.

I can see the lost sms (maybe not all of them) when I browse: e:\Resource\Private\1000484b\ Mail2\..... The problem is that not everything is readable. I was trying to use Noki software but is not working. Normally Oxygen software can read everything in the nokia phone but I do not know if can read folders/ files from computer. Thanks.

Please use plain text.