Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia X6 will not stream youtube videos?

Contributor
cozmoss10

Nokia X6 will not stream youtube videos?

I am with network3 and they supplied me with a sony erricson  witch I didnt like so I bought a nokia X6 from a freind witch was origionally on the vodafone network. I popped my 3 contract sim in and :smileyhappy: it worked great! I could connect to the internet no probs, even watch youtube videos with great sound etc. After a couple of weeks, I can access the internet but, even though I get to the you tube site; when I select a vid to play It says cannot connect ? :smileysad:

3 have sent new settings to the phone now I have 8 "I think" but still I cant look at youtube vids! It worked 100% for a couple of weeks and there is no problem with the network as I have tried the sony erricson and that gets the vids no probs. help Please.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
steve_p

Re: Nokia X6 will not stream youtube videos?

You could try to download the latest youtube app from http://m.google.com to see if that solves your problem.

Or bypass the apps altogether and visit http://m.youtube.com using the phone's web browser. That site is optimised for streaming to mobiles.

Also check that Real Player has the correct access point set for streaming video.

Menu > RealPlayer > Options > Settings > Streaming > Network > Access point in use

This really is a big failing imho... you have to change a deeply buried setting for video streaming every time you use a different network to access the internet.

S.

History: Motorola MR30, Nokia: 7110, 7650, N70, N80, N82, X6 (32GB), Samsung Galaxy SII

Current: Samsung Galaxy Note3 Black

Please use plain text.