Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia X7 Reset

Counsellor
Accepted Solution

Nokia X7 Reset

I am planing to install few stuff in my phones c: drive (phone memory). But if something goes wrong and phone doesn't turn on, there shoud be a three finger reset combination. Can anyone tell me what combination is this on nokia X7?
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

Three finger is not a recommended as doing this may result to removal of some pre-installed applications on the phone. 

It is not recommended to use the "three finger" reset (pressing volume down + camera key + menu key and pressing power button) to hard reset your Nokia Symbian^3 device. Doing this may delete some applications (Nokia Store, Nokia Maps, some preinstalled widgets) which cannot in all cases be restored

http://www.nokia.com/us-en/support/troubleshooting/action=singleFAQ&caseid=FA133718_en_US

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I have did three finger reset and nothing went wrong. I only noticed more free space and no unwanted apps. But there is still one app i need. Its Photo Editor. Is there any package to install it?

By The Way: after reset my phone is working 10 times faster than it was working before reset.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
emilygreen

Hi 4477

For any application that you can download to your phone you can always check Nokia Store :smileyhappy:

If my post helped you, please don't forget to click on the "White Star" and if it resolved your issue click on "Accept as Solution" :smileywink:

Nokia Lumia 920 Nokia Asha 308 Nokia 808 PureView 
Please use plain text.
Advisor
mlee251

How do you do the 3 finger reset?
Please use plain text.
xXxMACxXx

hi there mlee251! In hard resetting the Nokia X7, you must first turn off your device then hold down the volume down key + camera key + menu key then the power-on button. Hold on the keys and release when prompted for the location. After successfully doing the steps, you will then be prompted to enter your some kind of location then so forth. And bingo, ur Nokia X7 is now hard resetted!

-- REMEMBER! When doing hard reset, all other files in your phone memory are deleted as well as pre-installed applications which sometimes cant be undone.

-- If you find this post helpful, pls hit the White Star. Thanks! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.