Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia x2-00 sync with Mac

J8Ptt

Nokia x2-00 sync with Mac

Is there anyway to sync (iSync or other) Address Book contacts and iCal events with Nokia x2?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bamboreta

Re: Nokia x2-00 sync with Mac

I have the same problem and the same question. Don´t works my new phone Nokia X2-00 with iSync. How add my agenda and numbers from my mac to my phone? Some idea... Thanks.

Please use plain text.
nano54

Same problem!!!! Why does Nokia sell telephones that cannot be synchronized with a mac?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
CaptainSlow

There is a plugin on the web to get iSync to work   http://uploading.com/files/get/4556fb19/

and I managed to get my media files onto the phone, by simply dragging music from iTunes onto the micro SD card's playlist folder.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bamboreta

Thanks CaptainSlow, but when installing plugin says that  is for nokia 3720 classic. No for the X2.

Some another idea?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi
nokia x2 very very poor battery timing,
time that told me was 13h talktime but it has maximum of 02h thats why i sold that now i take 6303i classic now i have 8h talktime with it and also very elegent and very stylish fone this is...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zimonkaizoku

hey,

i found this site with a tutorial to build your own plug ins for isync.

with this one i built one for my x2-00.

i tested it for contacts and ical with bluetooth and usb. everything worked for me.

hope you can use it.

download (.dmg with install-file inside)

feel free to share!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bamboreta

Thanks, zimonkaizoku. I will prove it...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sun_sam

Both Plugins doesn't work with osx 10.6.6, isync 3.1.2 and the Nokia x2-00 v04.80 rm-618 on my macbook pro mid 2010 via bluetooth. Synchronising addresses fails after a while. The contacts which are copied to the phone are those with one number. But not all single-number-contacts are copied.

Please use plain text.
MrKrig

This is not a complete sync - but I was able to do what I wanted to do - transfer files (photos for now - I will also test mp3 files later)

This is what I did - 

1. Enable BlueTooth on phone.

2. Enable Bluetooth on Mac.

3. From Bluetooth Menu => Nokia X2-00 => BrowseDevice. (Check screen-shot)

I WAS ABLE to transfer pics from my Nokia phone to Mac & vice versa.

Please note - I had an additional memory card and all photos and music were stored there.

I DID NOT UPDATE CONTACTS.

I also installed the iSync update utility mentioned on the forum but guess in my case it does not come into the picture.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
alex_taylor

Yes:smileyhappy: Check out SyncMate, it syncs exactly what you want and for free. Your Nokia runs S40 - am I right? if yes, it is compatile with SyncMate.

Please use plain text.