Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia x2-02 add new gprs settings

seanthorn

Nokia x2-02 add new gprs settings

Hi all

can someone please tell me how to add new gprs setting (specifically for giffgaff uk) i read variuos threads that say to click on personalization and then click add new but i dont seem to have this option! my other sim is vodafone uk and it works fine but i need to manually input the settings for giffgaff.

please help.

Sean

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

Re: Nokia x2-02 add new gprs settings

Hey Seanthorn,

Please try perform a hard reset on your device, remember to back up in Nokia Suite first.

After backing up your device, reinstall software using Nokia Suite. Which should hopefully resolve your issue.

If you seek further support please refer to the GiffGaff support website as I think they will be able to provide more information.

Sheldrick

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
seanthorn

Hi sheldrick

thanks for you reply. i gave it a go but the nokia suite software says no updates available!

Sean

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

In that case, please go to connectivity and create a new access point for your GPRS, You will need to get your service providers information for the access point details which you should be able to receive by calling them or they might have it on the GiffGaff site.

Let me know how you get along! :smileyhappy:

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
seanthorn

hi Sheldrick

thanks again for replying again. in connectivity, packet data, packet data settings i seem to only be able to rename an access point but there seems to be no option to input any of the setting which i have.

i dont think im being stupid - there just seems to be no way to manually input the settings!

any more thoughts?

Sean

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

In connectivity, packet data, packet data setting, edit active access point, just put the access point name. Give any name to active access point.
Now all apps which need internet connection like opera mini work fine.

For your default browser to work, you should have correct settings in configuration found in settings.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

And only when the default browser works, you'll be able to download themes from Nokia store and games or apps from opera mini.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.