Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Problem with Nokia X2 battery backup

Registered Member
Vkybhat

Problem with Nokia X2 battery backup

Hi,

I have problem with my battery back up of Nokia X2. I have purchased on 02-09-2010. As nokia shop keeper instructed i have charged my battery 4 hours. As per nokia, BL 4C on X2 sholud give 13 hours talk time. But i am not getting even 5 hours.

Can any one help me on this issue please.?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
motopsyco

I have a similar problem with my x2....i bought it on 6/9/2010 from a Nokia priority dealer.

It takes a lots of time to get fully charged an also it drains charge quickly after i hear 2-4 songs and take some photos....the battery bar reduces to two from four very quickly.....Also the phone has another problem...it restarts automatically sometimes.....

I checked the firmware..it is 4.80

PLZ help me...wht shud i do with this phone???

should i consult  the dealer of wait for some days and check its performance???

Please use plain text.
teran27

the reason i purchased a Nokia X2 twodays back is due the the 12 to 13 hour talk time which was widely advertises by nokia , i would be OK with even 7-10 hours, But it lasted only one and a half hours of talk time .

Why is this? the firmware is 4.80......... Please update a solution. The talk time is half of what i acheived with the 5130XM. Is it because its made in india?

Anyway appreciate Nokias reponse ..... Being a loyal nokia user this has never happened my E72 works perfectly........ Appreciate a solution.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Administrator (Retired)
vandelay

I'd suggest that you take your phones (and batteries) to your local Nokia Care point so they can check them.

I wrote all my posts from 2005-2011 as an "Admin" for this community. I still work for Nokia as an external consultant, so my rank in all posts is now "Employee".
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
X2_1234

[ Edited ]

Hi,

What happened I am facing the similar restart issues and low battery backup and long charging times.What did the Nokia Care guys says since I think all these issues aree related to poor firmware and we have the latest 4.80.

Are the taking back the mobile and refunding the money because I am for that option as I decided I will get another mobile and wont waste time till they fix such issues.

Please let me know what did you do with your X2 s since getting a new one is not the solution.

The entire X2 mobiles are loaded with bugs so a new firmware update is the only fix or get the money back and get some other brand.

Guide me here :s

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

The Backup time mentioned by the Manufacturer is only indicative.. in practice it depends on the usage.. If many/some applications are contineously running in the background, frequent use of Vibration alert, Backlight usage ( longer period set)..then this will considerably reduce the backup time...

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rnathbatra

@ Farby

Please. Give me a break. Its a not a symbian phone so it can't run apps in the background. Its a issue with the phone itself and Nokia has to come out and give an apology to all those people who have bought this rubbish phone. I am myself a victim. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rnathbatra

Wait for the new firmware. Hope it will solve some problems. Although not the battery problem one.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
barsopiavivek

AREEE DUE TO COMPETITION IN BETWEEN NOKIA AND OTHER COMPANIES NOKIA HAS DONE QUALITITY CHECKING LINEANTLY.WE WILL HAVE TO FACE IT.BY THE WAY I WILL TRY TO USE BL-5C BATTERY INSTEAD OF BL-4C.AS NOKIA BL-4C BATTERY HAVE ONLY 860AMP WHILE BL-5C 1020AMP.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
barsopiavivek

AREE THEY HAVE ESTIMATED THAT THERE IS MUSIC PLAY OF 27 HOURS .BUT THE MUSIC PALY IS VERY LESS IN NORMAL CONDITIONS.PRECISSELY IT HAS 26.8HOURS MUSIC PLAY UNDER CONDITIONS

1)SONGS WERE PLAYED CONTINUEOUSLY WITHOUTH CHANGING THEM.

2)THE VOLUME  WAS KEPT VERY LOW.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
pankaj_pal9

In Nokia X2, Nokia's included BL-4C battery, which is 860 mAh. So it's giving you it's optimal performance. Even in Nokia 5130Xpressmusic's case Nokia advertised 21 hours of music playback. Did anybody got it:smileyvery-happy:. Use an 1024 mAh Battery as in 5130Xpressmusic, it'll be a li'l hard to fit but you'll got 9-12 hours of heavy use.

If this was helpful, please click on green star :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
puneetbajaj88

Problem with Nokia X2 battery backup & hang problem

Respected Sir, I have bought Nokia X-2 on 18-09-2010. As I hear or know by reading the broacher of X-2 the battery backup would be 4-5 hours but its is less then 1-2 hours.

The phone is restarting automatically whenever it wants for a many times.

So I rely feel bad to buy this phone.

I requested to nokia team please give a solution or changed it back.

Waiting for your reply.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
anjanimnr

The light of flash get on the pics and the image becomes whitish. what to do.please sugest??????????

Please use plain text.
Advisor
pgdlkumar

You might not get the 13hrs talk time that Nokia had mentioned as I believe that would be ideal situation where nothing else is consuming power. However, what I found is that the default nokia settings such as display and other apps are consuming more power and the solution is to select/apply a theme that consumes less power which increases the battery backup. Also, messaging is consuming more power.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)
ThreeOs

Hi all,

Something about battery issue also in here /t5/Xseries/NOKIA-X2-re-starting-and-battery-problems/m-p/769779#M4302.

-ThreeOs

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Afrath

Hi everyone,

i've purchased the X2 mobile on 10/10/10. The phones battery backup is very poor, battery lasts maximum of one day. And charging also very slow. no other problem as of now. the only concern is the battery backup. i have never seen such nokia phone before. any solution for that battery backup? please suggest me. Are they (Nokia R&D) working on it? my mobile firmware version is 4.80 

Regards,

Afrath

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Nuage

Hi, Even I'm facing the same problem of low battery backup. Product is very good and Nokia name is attached with it. I'm forced to charge 2-3 times daily. I think BL-4C battery is not adequate, Nokia should have given BL-5C or higher battery with the product. On the whole product is good but due to lack of solution to low battery backup. I repent of buying it. Is there any solution to this problem.

X2_1234 wrote:

Hi,

What happened I am facing the similar restart issues and low battery backup and long charging times.What did the Nokia Care guys says since I think all these issues aree related to poor firmware and we have the latest 4.80.

Are the taking back the mobile and refunding the money because I am for that option as I decided I will get another mobile and wont waste time till they fix such issues.

Please let me know what did you do with your X2 s since getting a new one is not the solution.

The entire X2 mobiles are loaded with bugs so a new firmware update is the only fix or get the money back and get some other brand.

Guide me here :s

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

1. Battery times quoted on manufacturer's pages are subjective and tested in optimal conditions, and in most situations cannot be duplicated in real life. Several influences affect battery life, like strength of signal, network modes, strength of backlight, volume of the speakers, etc. In areas of low network coverage, batteries drain faster. In general, one should expect battery life about half to 2/3 of what is advertised.

2. For the restarting issues, I would suggest a reinstallation of firmware.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
prakash_7b

Hi,

Even i have purchased Nokia X2 on 4th Oct 2010.

The battery shows charging when it is plugged in. But after 2, 3 hrs also the points remains single red. not at charging. Also phone gets hanged & restart issues. 

Pls let me know what is the solution for this?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
graviprakash

Even I had this problem, then I removed the screen guard which is stick in camera then i started working fine :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.