Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Server certification failed,could not connect ...

Contributor
Himanshu1

Server certification failed,could not connect to server

Server certification failed. Can not connect to server, no certificate on simply or phone, whatsapp,chat,nokia mail,ovi suite not working on my Nokia x2- 01
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Himanshu1

Re: Server certification failed,could not connect to server

[ Edited ]

Mail me on personal message,Server certification failed. Can not connect to server, no certificate on simply or phone, whatsapp,chat,nokia mail,ovi suite not working on my Nokia x2- 01

MODERATORS NOTE: E-mail address has been removed. Sharing of personal information is not allowed on the forums. Please do not share sensitive or personal information as it could threaten your personal security.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Himanshu1

How to download certificates from internet on mobile what is serve certificates
Please use plain text.
bluefairy

pliz help on that issue, my nokia says, cannot connect to server error http// 53 or something like tht
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Kweiku

Please my nokia x2-01 keeps notifying me that ''could not connect to server certificate verification failed'' when ever i want to whatsapp
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Kweiku

Please how can i get bak my certificates for my nokia x2-01
Please use plain text.
eazysithole

i am having the same issue. i have re-installed phone firmware and shut down many times. even re-downloaded whats app from ovi and whatsapp site and still same issue. have also deleted the default gateway thing.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cinna_kk

Nokia X2-01

i am unable to use wats app in my mobile,,,,  showing error...  like failed to connect to n/w etc

plz tell me how to solve it

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Donkor

I had lost whatsapp certificate on my nokia x2. Please i need your help to solve this problem.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Hanfz

I have also lost certificate for whatsapp in nokia c3 00. How can i regain it
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Kashif_Sajjad

Assalam o Alaikum!

"Could not connect to internet - Certificate Failure."

This problem comes for possible two reasons.

1. Must check whether your mobile's time and date is correctly updated.

2. Install a digitally signed app you want to use.

Certificate error will also happen if you install a software or app on your mobile when it's date and time was not correctly updated. And when you updated the date of your device, certificate got expired.

A possible error will happen if you delete app's certificate from your mobile memory (security settings > user certificates). In such case you should re- install app to make it useable.

JazakAllah
Please use plain text.
Advisor
nizamggggg

how to reinstall back.
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

You can use Nokia Suite to reinstall the software. 

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
jekiboi20

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ppiuuysh

Hii plz give me gydance to slove thr problem .. N how to i download these certificates..
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vpss

Hi...in my nokia x2-02 keeps notifing me that "could not connect to server"..whats next to use watsapp?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
erashish14

[ Edited ]

Hi, I'm having Nokia X2-01, i downloaded Whatsapp, & when i'm tryin to connect, i'm getting error "could not connect to server: timed out",

i tried different solution, but the issue is with the DATA PLAN, i.e. Kindly check whether data plan (2G or 3G) are active or not,

i mean, i'm able to access internet (open websites on my phone) via GPRS, but unable to connect, as i don't have Active Data Plan but

when i tried with my friend's SIM card, in which 2G Data Plan is Active & i'm able to connect with WhatsApp, 

Moderator's note: We have edited the post and remove the link to a third party website. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shree007

Am nt abel to upload r download any image or anythng on wats app plz help i use wats app in x201 y is it so?
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
musica

Hi, shree007.

Are you getting any error message? We suggest checking the below links. We hope these would be of help:

http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/nokia/20910778
http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/general/23766198
Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

@musica to analyze this bug, someone from Nokia has to take a Nokia X2-01, apply the Nokia Software Recovery Tool, create a WhatsApp account, and send a media-file to someone else. First step: Are you able to reproduce it? No, then the users in this thread might have a broken firmware and have to apply the Nokia Software Recovery Tool.

If you are able to reproduce this issue here, I bet this is related to the completely outdated certificate-authorities on the Nokia X2-01. One way to debug this, is to open the Internet browser go for traud.de/ta and install each certificate there, one by one (although I would start with VeriSign G5 and DigiCert). Then, you have to send a media-file again. When it works, you know the certificate authority which has to be installed by the users in this thread.

Please use plain text.