Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

X3-00 - do not get the option for firmware 8.50 wh...

netadmin

X3-00 - do not get the option for firmware 8.50 when using Ovi Suite

I noticed that the 8.50 firmware had been released and tried to upgrade my phone from the factory firmware (4.11) using the Ovi Suite. However, the Ovi Suite only shows version 8.40 as available? I'm not keen on going to the older version and then upgrading again.

Does it require a while before the latest firmware is available? Or do you need to go to 8.40 before 8.50 becomes available?

I've also been looking through the forums and does anyone have anything good or bad to report about the 8.50 firmware. I don't want to lose any existing functionality by upgrading to this.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: X3-00 - do not get the option for firmware 8.50 when using Ovi Suite

The availability of upgrade depends on Region and Product Code.. If the OVI Suite tells you so the latest version available for your region/phone will be that only... Can't say anything about when 8.50 will be available for you..

Normally upgrades try to fix existing problems but in some cases bring along new ones..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
netadmin

Thanks for the response. Anyone have any comments about 8.40 or 8.50? I did see a few posts about 8.40 causing problems with the camera and the media player (out of memory) and wanted to find out if these are few and far between or very common.

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
KeenJow

[ Edited ]

I have changed 4.11 into 8.40 and I noticed :

- BADLY DISADVENTAGE : Mediaplayer starts albums with alphabetical order, not track number (and real file names), which makes me really crazy, as I have 8GB memory and about 2500 songs with plenty of albums. Creating a list for every album will kill me.

- ADVENTAGE : Mediaplyer don't starts, just continue song after receive a phone call, in old firmware there was a mistake, and songs started from beginning

In that way, I am really courious how to replace new firmware into old one.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Not possible to downgrade the Firmware at user end... May be (repeat.. May be..) possible at nokia Care..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
netadmin

Thanks for your response. I contacted Nokia support and they say they do not know when the latest firmware will be available for the country, region blah blah blah. It's ridiculous that the latest firmware is not available 2 months after release in other regions. It's no wonder that Nokia does not do well in the US. This will be my first and last Nokia phone unless they dramatically improve their support.

Please use plain text.