Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

X3 - 02 you tube

Counsellor
andyextreme
Accepted Solution

X3 - 02 you tube

Hi,

I recently purchased 2 of these phones, one for myself and one for my brother - both have the same problem........

......... When using a WIFI or a 3G network, we can't watch any youtube videos from the youtube site. When we click on the preview it goes to the phones default player but it will not stream, no matter how long we wait.

Has anyone come across this same thing, or has anyone successfully viewed videos from youtube ?

Thanks,

Andy.

Please use plain text.
Professor

Re: X3 - 02 you tube

you are browsing the m.youtube.com site ?

do your operator provide streaming settings ?

do you get any error note to the screen when the phones own media player is visible ?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jiggy16

[ Edited ]

how can i watch youtube? same problem with the TS :smileyhappy: after i tap on videos, it opens the media player then it doesn't stream

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
andyextreme

Sudude, thanks for your reply.

Yes, im using m.youtube.com site.

Awaiting confirmation on possible streaming settings from service provider.

Yes error note " No response. Try agan"

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
t_qwerty

Re: X3-02

Problem with youtube!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
andyextreme

t_qwerty,

theres no problem with youtube, i can view their videos with other phones.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
andyextreme

Problem resolved !

If anyones interested, I will post the 3 step simple solution to this issue.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
t_qwerty

Post the steps, pls! youtube via wi-fi!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
andyextreme

1. Contact service provider for ALL web (access points, sms, browser, streaming) settings.

2. Save from the txt msg they then send you and be sure to change the default configuration settings and preferred acc. pt.  to apply to YOUR service provider.

3. Delete all previous saved bookmarks and shortcuts.

........... enjoy.  :smileywink:

Andy.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
t_qwerty

what about wi-fi? youtube via wi-fi?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
andyextreme

[ Edited ]

t_qwerty,

once you enter the settings above, you should be able to stream video from youtube using your wifi  (unless the wifi owner has restrictions?).

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
t_qwerty

it doesn't work in wi-fi with ALL settings from provider!
is annoying with this lock for gprs. communities, chat, and mail app are the same locked for gprs. why this?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
andyextreme

do you speak English ?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
t_qwerty

no! but explain in writing! 

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Andy I think wi-fi settings are not related to provider settings. Provider settings are used when you connect over providers network (providers' access pts. - 3G, hsdpa, edge...).
If you browse over wi-fi you don't use providers' settigns.
Did you try to connect over wifi and watch youtube videos?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
t_qwerty

exactly! don't function in wi-fi! no matter what settings you receive from gsm operator!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
andyextreme

miro10r,

I can watch you tube through wifi, but only since i entered the above setttings. Prior to that I was unable to. I own two x3 02's and  experienced the same results from both once I entered these same settings.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

OK, I got the youtube over wi-fi. Didn't change anything except I tried on different wlan network. Only difference is that this network is a bit faster then on the one I previously tested. I connected to youtube, clicked watch video, player opened and it started to play the video. I don't understand what is the difference except the speed. Maybe X3-02 has some short timeout that expires if the connection is not fast enough and that's the reason why it does not want to play the video. I tried to play youtube with Nokia E51 on the WLAN where X3-02 doesn't want to play it and there was no problem. So this WLAN works fine. It must be something with X3-02.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
t_qwerty

my last phone was an e51 and I have no problem with conection over wi-fi!
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I connected with X3-02 over wi-fi in one WLAN. The other is not working even though it works with E51. So youtube over wi-fi on X3-02 works, but not in all situations. I wonder what could be a problem.
Please use plain text.