Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

X6 16GB won't charge or turn on

MaxLees666

X6 16GB won't charge or turn on

I bought an X6 16GB less than a month ago and today the battery died, and it won't charge or turn on. When I plug the charger in it comes up with the white screen with NOKIA but the battery charging animation isn't there, and when I try turning the phone on the same white screen with NOKIA comes on but it stays on that screen until I take the battery out. What the hell?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Re: X6 16GB won't charge or turn on

The battery animation may take a while to show up. Just plug it in and leave it for like an hour. Actually the animation should show up in 5min or so, depending on how drained the battery is.

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
MaxLees666

I left it plugged in for about 40 minutes and it did nothing, in fact when I unplugged the charger the white NOKIA screen didn't just fade away as normal it kind of turned into lots of purple lines that slowly kind of dissolved

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Ah...Hmm, so basically the phone detects the charger but it wont charge. It could be one of two things, either a battery fault or a connection fault. If the phone has not been involved in any accidents (drops, bangs, whatnot) recently, its more likely a faulty battery. Try to use another battery if you have one, but I would contact my dealer if I were you as this incident should be covered by warranty.

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
MaxLees666

Well I've contacted T-Mobile and they've sent a replacement battery which should be here by a week on Monday. I'll be back on here if that doesn't solve it lol

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

'll be back on here if that doesn't solve it lol

If the new battery does not solve the problem then a users forum is not going to help .

Suggest you return to seller as they are responsible  .

jje

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
steve_p

MaxLees666 wrote:

I bought an X6 16GB less than a month ago and today the battery died, and it won't charge or turn on. When I plug the charger in it comes up with the white screen with NOKIA but the battery charging animation isn't there, and when I try turning the phone on the same white screen with NOKIA comes on but it stays on that screen until I take the battery out. What the hell?

Sounds like the quite common 'White Screen Of Death' (WSOD) issue that can affect Nokia phones. There are number of supposed different sources for this problem and no definite single cause.

I have read about a work around (NOTE: not a fix) to the S60v5 White Screen Of Death where the phone locks up on start up at the white screen with blue Nokia logo...

- Switch phone off (or pull battery out and put back in)

- plug in the phone charger, as soon as the screen lights up pull the charger pin out of the phone.

- when the screen goes black switch on the phone

- plug the charger back into the phone when you feel the start-up vibration

- phone should start instead of hang

From what I have read on another forum this work around seems to work for a number of users and saves having to reset the handset or format the memory card / hard drive.

Hope that helps, might get you running again while you wait for the new battery.

S.

History: Motorola MR30, Nokia: 7110, 7650, N70, N80, N82, X6 (32GB), Samsung Galaxy SII

Current: Samsung Galaxy Note3 Black

Please use plain text.
Contributor
heraSK

hi all. it's confirmed with my device. it does un-jam the phone without doing reset-loose all apps-thing. thx, mate...

now just let's hope there's going to be some solution to this problem soon...cheers...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cricket_nut

have you had any problems since?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
marshalllee

thanks guys phone back on lost all music n apps but at least i can talk phew
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Lexus1219

What the **bleep** are you talking about MaxLees666, you damaged the battery and yet you are asking others why your nokia battry can't charge or turn on, simply thats because you are a sore user of nokia x6 and you are very disgraceful to me that even a proper nokia x6, you can't even use, by the way who do you think you? Lousy manners of what the hell, you think you rule the whole world huh? I haVE nOKIA X6 and do not scold my phone or i will never give you good days but bad days.

I am NOT KIDDING, MAN.

WATCH OUT FOR DUSTBIN FLIES.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I have a 2 pin nokia charger that only works when you put it in upside down!

ha ha

If you put it in with the Nokia logo the 'right way around' it stops after 2 seconds of saying 'charging' and says 'please unplug the charger' (as it is charged)

nokia is becoming one epic fail after another

they should start sponsoring the england goalie....

Please use plain text.
englishtrooper

hi ive got a 16gb x6 and i havent dropped it recently... it was fine when i went out n when i took the phone out it was off , it wont turn on no lights nothing.... it wont charge wont even recognize the charger, tried a hard reset tht i found on a web page ie hold the green and red call buttons down with the capture button and the power too until startup but no joy... has anyone got any ideas please thank you
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
DigiAcid

does the phone vibrate when you try to turn it on??
Please use plain text.
monajojo123

hi everyone my nokia x6 doesnt switch on , i have been trying for past two days but it doesnt work.

it vibrates when i press the power button. someone pls help me to fix this.

i also tried using another battery, it didnt work.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
umar154

[ Edited ]

i have same problem and same error. Please nokia reply for solve this problem.

why we discus but nokia engineers not reply for solve this problems_? please reply soon via email . 

Moderators note:

"We would like to inform you that we removed your e-mail address as it is inaappropriate to publich personal contact information on a public web forum."

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
whoa_nelly

I also am unable to charge my phone.  This is the third x6 that I have had the same problem with.  The original phone was sent back under warranty after 2 months of use.  They sent a brand new phone and battery and the first time it needed charging, it wouldn't charge so it went back the next day.  Today I recieved the next brand new phone, battery and this time they sent a new charger and I bet you can't guess.....you got it...it won't charge!!!!  I hate my phone. I have been without a phone now for over 2 months due to all this but I still have to pay my phone account. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
x6mfedupwd

I had the same problem.. my nokia x6 wont switch on once the battery has fully drained out.. i had this problem when i first bought the phone.. i was told battery is nt working properly.. so they kept my battery for 15 days.. whn a new battery came.. i ws happy tht my phone was recovered .. but whn i put it on charge.. it wasnt charging again.. so ths tym they tell me.. theres a prob in the handset.. n they keep my phone for another 20 days.. well i was satisfied as my phone was recovered thn.. bt now i face the similar prob again.. n this tym m clueless wt to do as my phone is no mre under the warranty period.. :c can i send nokia a legal notice regarding this issue.. ?
Please use plain text.