Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: X6 Date incorrect

Advisor
VliegerRene

I just updated the phone to firmware 31.0.004 on 4 feb, when i switched it on on 5 feb it showed the date of 4 feb.

The problem still occurs on firmware version 31.0.004 ! :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
hotmixer2010

That has gotta suck. So far 72 hours after updating, the bug hasn't occurred on my X6 yet. Let's wait and see.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
malte

[ Edited ]

Same problem here, newest firmware, failed in the night 8 -> 9 feb. I turned the Phone off by long-pressing the power button.

(battery at ~50 % )

I dind't install new apps on this day and the days before and the phone was resetted a few months ago. The battery was at about 50%

Please use plain text.
Advisor
hotmixer2010

Ok, my X6 with firmware 31.0.004 failed to update time correctly from 11 Feb to 12 Feb almost exactly 1 week after I updated to 31.0.004

What a disappointment. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
syorkshire55

Well, with comments from the new head of Nokia in the press over the last few days, it is obvious that any Nokia phones with the Symbian operating system will now be abandoned, as Nokia go into partnership with Microsoft.

I just hope that Nokia do the right thing, and replace all our X6's with comparable (or better) new phones with the Microsoft o/s.

Although Orange have kept me in touch regular with what is happening, (or not happening), I have now been told there is nothing further Orange can do, so I am starting to feel the same way about Orange as I do about Nokia. The sooner my contact ends the better.

I have also started haing a problem where people's names in the memory don't display when they ring me, which will cause my business problems.

Why haven't the press picked up on our problems ?  - Apple have been on the main news twice when the i-phone had date problems, and they fixed that in a couple of days each time.

Please use plain text.
cmunozjuste

Hi there,

I bought my Nokia X6-00 8GB in January, and unfortunately already twice the date has failed to advance. At least I noticed it before using the alarm clock. I am surprised of seeing how long this major problem has been going on without Nokia finding the bug.

Anyway, I would like to ask you guys: I installed Ovi Suite (version 3.0.0.290), and when I go to the software update page, the firmware installed on the phone is version 21.0.004, so it is not the latest one (30.x). However, Ovi Suite displays "No available updates". Can this be because I live in Spain, and the update has not reached us yet? Or maybe it is because my phone carrier (Yoigo) does not allow it?

Thanks!

Carlos

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sabos5

Carlos, since I've changed my phone carrier from Orange to Yoigo, I have no problems with my terminal anymore (X600 16GB). So I guess the date problem is related to the provider and not the terminal.
Please use plain text.
katmio

There are three yoigo X6 16gb phones in my house and all of them have problems with the date (running latest firmware v31).

I think it's related to the way the phone deals with the date change at 0.00 because I usually turn off the phone at 1am or so and I've experienced the bug only one day, the night before I turned off the phone at 23.30.

Please use plain text.
cmunozjuste

Hi Katmio,

Can you please tell me how you updated your Yoigo X6 phones to firmware v31? With Ovi Suite and connecting the phones to a PC, or over the air? As I told you before, in my case Ovi Suite tells me there are no updates for my phone.

Or maybe the difference is that your phones are X6 16GB, and mine is 8GB.

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
Advisor
hotmixer2010

cmunozjuste, let me clarify it for you.

Firmware updates are deployed on a region by region basis, some are delayed if your phone is operator-branded.

And as for X6, the firmware is deployed for 8gb first, 16gb, followed by 32gb. So please be patient and wait if the update has not reached you yet. If your phone is operator-branded, your mobile service operator will need to approve the update first hence the delay.

Please use plain text.
miceracs

So, is this problem ever going to be fixed?????

My phone is 6months old, v21.0.004 and have the same problem intermitant. I switch off my phone every night, and some days it loses 1 or 2 days......the time also use to lose until I switched off the auto update feature.

any help out there??

Please use plain text.
cmunozjuste

Hello,

I do not know if it is related, but since I disabled the phone autolock (I had set it up so that it would block after 3 hours of inactivity), the problem has not happened again, and this was three weeks ago.

The autolock feature is nice, but if I have to sacrifice it to have the right date on the phone, so be it.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
syorkshire55

I have never used autolock, but can report that I haven't had the problem for 5 weeks now. No updates or anything in this time.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
chris3bent

i have been having problem since jan n since getting a replacement from o2 still the same,any update?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
X6time

It blipped again this morning, it thought it was Sunday 13th March again, thought it had been fixed as was OK since the last blip at the begining of Feb

Please use plain text.
Advisor
klaxner

@X6time: What FW are you running on your phone?

On my phone it did not happen until now with the new 31.4 version... 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
X6time

@klaxner, the  version installed is now V30.0.003 custom version 30.0.003.233.06 custom version date 10-12-2010, this was done on Jan 10th, I have the 16gb X6, and this has been the only update for me to do so far, since that one blip (hope I have not jinxed myself) it has been OK, but saying that I have no faith in that it wont happen again when I'm not expecting it!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
syorkshire55

APRIL FOOLS DAY and the joke is once again on Nokia X6 users.

No problem for 7 or 8 weeks and today, Friday 1st April, my phone claims it is Wednesday 30th.March. Pathetic ! How long has this been unresolved ? A year ?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
SueD

This problem happens to me constantly - it is extremely annoying.  :smileymad:   I keep all my software up to date all the time, but it still happens. 

I usually only lose a day, but this morning was the funniest - it took me back to 15:36 on the 1st January 2010!!!!!

Do Nokia actually take note of this thread????   It seems to be a recurring problem for a lot of people.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
syorkshire55

Sue.... it wasn't funny. That's the attitude I took at first, but eventually I realised that the joke was on me. Nokia - like many electronic companies - lose interest in their products once they have been released and they move on to the next product in development. I have similar softwear problems with my Sagem Digital TV recorders, simple little problems that aren't being dealt with.

I have taken this X6 problem to the highest possible level at Orange, and I was assured it would be solved or I would get a new phone, but eventually even Orange turned their back on this as they could get no response from Nokia. We are customers, and we aren't valued. Remember that when it is time to upgrade.  E.mail Watchdog !

Please use plain text.