Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: X6 successor

Registered Member
lulafakir

X6 successor

Hello everyone! I'm writing to this forum for the first time for some advice.

I've a been a Nokia user for a long time, and especially love their music phones. I'll be buying a phone in a few months (around December). Now what I need to know is that whether I should buy the X6 or not. I hav concerns regarding the slow processor speed (from what I heard) and since I'll be using the phone for at least 2 years, I don't know whether its a good idea to buy a phone that will be 1 year old by the time I get it.

So, is there a possibility of an X6 successor within the next 2 quarters? or should I just buy the X6?

Please use plain text.
Sage
chandana99

hi

• my advise is not to think about sucessors, the reason is so many new nokia are on the queue now, viz, N8,E7,E5 etc etc .
  • so if u really intersted buying a new phone by it no sooner u get the idea(of course after evaluating the model )
  • because models change very rapidly.
  • this is my personal view
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

the E5 is not a successor to the x6

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
tuckster

hi lulafakir,

DO NOT buy the X6 ... as you said it is already an old model.

If you have your heart set on nokia, then go for the N8. I have seen it and it is really cool ... quite heavy though, but I guess you get your money's worth. The camera on the N8 is very good too.

Else go for the iphone 4 ... very good for browsing the web and games.

good luck !

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]

Personally I liked the X6 when I got one at the beginning of the year but probably wouldn't buy one now. I got board of it quickly and feel that it has aged badly in the market.

Personally if I was looking for a Nokia in a similar price bracket to the X6 I would look at the C6-01 or the C7-00 instead. Both are due for release before the end of the year.

C6-01: http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/devices/nokia-c6-01

C7-00: http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/devices/nokia-c7-00

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
tuckster

Like psychomania, I was very pleased with the X6 when I first got it ... but it only lasted 2-3 weeks.

I am still very happy with the GPS and navigation though ... it got me out of a mess when my tomtom "forgot" its recent destinations requiring me to quickly search for it on my X6.

I have to say, the C6-01 and C7-00 looks very yummy as well ... not sure how it compares against the N8 though.

Please use plain text.
Sage
chandana99

Hi

@tuckster

• What I really feel is for the time being keeping X6 and see the performances of N8,C6-01, C7 and E7 etc.
  • how ever I have a bad feeling that  most of the reputed makes also do not much think about their quality control due to competitive market,
  • we do wish that NOKIA do not fall into that catagory.
  • but it looks that when u go through the threads/chorums most of the problems are very minute and very few are critical.
  • but the very few critical always gives big troubles.
  • it may not be easy to make a software to be performed to 100% accuracy, but it should be at least more than 90% ok. and later the balance can be achieved by updated soft ware.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

No One really knows untill the new phones are released, but you may find this interesting !

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/features/item/12132_Is_Nokias_secret_weapon_called.php

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.