Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: how to backup conversation messagers in nokia ...

Advisor
funnyguys

how to backup conversation messagers in nokia x3 to pc

how to backup conversation messagers in nokia x3 to pc?how to chat on pc?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: how to backup conversation messagers in nokia x3 to pc

You may 'Sync' them with Nokia Suite . Once installed..connect the phone to PC, open Nokia Suite-->Messaging..and click on 'Sync' at the bottom next to the phone icon ... 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
funnyguys

opened nokia pc suite and i opened messages so nokia communication center opens here i didnt find synchronise option

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

I had provided the link for Nokia Suite and not Nokia PC Suite ...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
funnyguys

k fine, i saved messages using pc suite, i import in myphoneexplorer but time and date format are changed how to edit them
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Why do you need to import to myphoneexplorer ? As mentioned above..just select SYNC and they will get stored (backed-up) on your PC and will be visible in the Nokia Suite even after you disconnect the phone ...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
funnyguys

i need to import in sony ericson mobile,so i import to myphoneexplorer,but it totlly idffers ie date and time changes when imported in to mpe ,
Please use plain text.
Advisor
funnyguys

anyone pls tel me

Please use plain text.
Advisor
funnyguys

anyone can tell me an idea
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

Hi funnyguys,

Since I am not very familiar with the myphoneexplorer application, I would suggest contacting the application support to assist you further on this case. You can contact them here.

Hope this information is useful. :smileywink:

tiny_chef

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Advisor
funnyguys

thanks for ur info alrdy i contacted them,is i possible to edit inbox messages date and time
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

If you are referring to the messages that are still on the phone, you can - indirectly. This is by changing the date and time settings on the phone. 

Example:

Date and time settings on the phone: January 1 2013 3PM

Real date and time: December 25 2012 7AM

If you will receive a message, normally, it will follow the settings that are on the phone. Thus, under messaging, message will be on top of the list since the received date is January 1.

You can also edit them if you already have exported the messages to a .csv file. 

But if you are referring to messages on the phone and editing them after receiving the message, not possible.

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
funnyguys

i already exported msessage to pc, now its in .vmg format,is it possible to edit them, how to edit in csv format
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

To save your messages into a .csv file format, please see this path:

Go to messages icon> File>Export>Select Save As location>

For Save as type: please select Comma Separated Values (*.csv)

Once the file has been saved, you can try to open it via MS Excel or other applications. Then you can edit it from there on.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
funnyguys

hmm now i hav no nokia mobile bt i already export my message in pc in the format of vmg,now is it possible to convvert into csv format

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

funnyguys wrote:

hmm now i hav no nokia mobile bt i already export my message in pc in the format of vmg,now is it possible to convvert into csv format

See HERE

Please use plain text.
Advisor
funnyguys

problem solved ,mpe beta version installed and imported it shows corect date and time ,thanx for ur help
Please use plain text.