Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: restoring issue in nokia X3 Back up after soft...

anojohny

restoring issue in nokia X3 Back up after software update

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I got a serious problem, a have an update software from nokia so before i make a backup from my phone : contact and all the other things.
Then I started the update and now when I want to restore my backup,then all my images,songs backuped

but my contact,messages,phone settings wont update

phone hang up at the middle of restoration and the restoration  can't finisch the job..

Is there anyone who's can help me..

ano johny

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: restoring issue in nokia X3 Back up after software update

Try again after rebooting both, Phone and PC ..

..and is the phone connected to PC thru' USB or Bluetooth ..? If BT then use the USB Cable ... 

Please use plain text.
anojohny

am connecting with usb cable only,no bluetooth.

i tried around 10 to 15 time and still same issue.

me using nokia suite latest one

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

When you select Restore..You must be getting a screen where you can select WHAT data you want to  ..Just select one at a time from Contacts, Messaging, Settings and see if it makes difference ...

Please use plain text.
anojohny

i tried that option also,but while restoring the contacts it shows upto 10 percentage

and  then hang up for 5 to 10 min.

then display a message as connection lost and in moblie show a message as restore incompelete.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

..Leaving aside 'Contacts' did you try restoring 'Messages' and 'Settings' one at a time ?  

..and was the Back-up taken with the SAME version of the Nokia Suite ?

Please use plain text.
anojohny

see my steps.

i connect my nokia x3 using nokia latest pc suite(3.7.22).
i went to software updates,then it shows an software update is
avaliable for my phone.

then i click on update,it shows me to backup my phone entire content before going for
softare update.
by selecting backup option,it automatically backups my phone and went for software update.
after update,it goes for restoring the backup.

then the real issue comes,while restoring contacts shows upto 10 percentage and hang up for 5 to 10 min.
then shows the message as connection lost

i tried restoring messages and settings one by one and it went on sucess after 3 or 4 attempts.

but the contact still failed and this contacts i really needed.

all the backup and restoration went through nokia latest pc suite(3.7.22) only.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Have you used the SYNC function for the Contacts ever ?..If so Drag-and-Drop may work for you ...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

..Else..you may try the following..

Create a Folder on the Desktop and name 'Contacts' ..

Download and install NbuExplorer (Google for it ..) on your PC. Open the application and then go to File -->Open .. Browse for the .nbu (Back-up) file that was taken during the Software update ... Then click on 'Contacts' in the Left Hand Side list .. All the Contacts that were backed-up will be shown in the Right Hand Top window ... Select ALL the contacts and Right Click -->Export Selected files .. Select the 'Contacts' folder on the Desktop as the destination ..

Now all the contacts will get stored in .vcf format in that folder ..

Open Nokia Suite -->Contacts-->File-->Import Contacts .. and select the contacts from the 'Contacts' folder on the Desktop ..All the contacts will now get stored in the Nokia Suite ..

Connect the phone to PC and in Nokia Suite, select all these contacts and Drag-and-Drop them on to the Phone Icon at the bottom ..

Hope this works ... 

Please use plain text.